Breastfeeding – Tips for Full Time Working Mothers September 18, 2016 14:36 16 Comments
|It is definitely challenging to be a full time working mother while breastfeeding. After all the scheduling, planning, and getting the right products, you could still provide for your baby while keeping a work balance. These are some tips for breastfeeding at work.|
Breastfeeding Tips for Full Time Working Moms:
Before Baby Arrival
- Contact your insurance agency to understand your policy’s and Affordable Care plan benefits related to nursing and lactation.
- Access free breast pump and accessories through third party companies. Pumping Essentials is a great company owned by mothers like you and me.
- Get a breast pump and figure out how to use it.
- Check with your company about designated breastfeeding rooms before you leave on maternity.
During Maternity Leave
- Start pumping in the morning or evening to increase milk supply within the first weeks
- Store and freeze the extra breast milk supply - have back up when a family member or nanny wants to feed the baby, you need to be out of the house, start working or have an unexpected emergency.
- Introduce the bottle after you have figured out how to breastfeed your baby correctly after three weeks.
- Going Back To Work
We hope you find these tips helpful during your journey. Thank you for adding your thoughts and sharing with your friends and family!