Breastfeeding with Love December 7, 2018 09:20 8 Comments
Simple Wishes, Pumping Essentials and Poncho Baby
- What inspired you to launch Simple Wishes and Pumping Essentials? The saying, "Necessity is the mother of all invention." is a perfect description of how both Simple Wishes and Pumping Essentials came to life. Simple Wishes was started because of an overwhelming need our sister, Debra, had while pumping. At the time, there were no truly hands free solutions on the market. She was pumping exclusively for her son and saw what a need she had and believed that she couldn't be the only woman having this feeling. Ten years later, we are still blown away by what a huge need there was. Pumping Essentials came along after Simple Wishes, but the thought was the same. The medical supply world wasn't easy to navigate for a mom looking for a pump buried in websites which offered such huge catalogs. We wanted to offer a boutique experience to get mom her pump and parts as quick and easy as possibly while offering an element of care that no other DME was able to offer.
- How does your products support the breastfeeding journey for a mom? Our products and services support moms in them having control of their journey. Not having your hands available while you are pumping can leave you feeling paralyzed. By freeing moms hands up for them and offering nursing and pumping bras, it allows them to be in the drivers seat again to make it what they want.
- What is your latest product? What makes it unique? Our latest product in our SuperMom All In One Nursing and Pumping Bra. It allows you to have the support of your favorite pumping bra in an all day wear style that is comfortable and beautiful. Whether you are nursing, pumping or both at the same time, this bra supports you.
- What are the emotional benefits that as a brand have you delivered to its customers? We always try to be there in it with moms through our social media, customer care and our lactation consults so they feel as supported as possible during this process of selecting the items they need and making sure they are right for their journey.
- What advice can you offer to women who are seeking to start their own business? There are two key things I would advise to anyone starting their own business. One, set a solid foundation with clear communication and practices in place to allow pause before big decisions. If you do that right, then, two is to trust that foundation and don't be afraid to grow. Always check back with the first recommendation to make sure you are staying in control, but then let it flow.
- How do you maintain a work and life balance with a family business? We do our best to be respectful of business hours so we each have personal time to recharge. Not always perfect at it, but we try. We also try to take trips together and shut down work so we have time separate from the business.
Poncho Baby and Simple Wishes Giveaway
Don't miss this amazing giveaway with Simple Wishes. Have a chance to win some amazing Poncho Baby Products and SuperMom All in One Bra. Click on the following links and follow the instructions of the post.
Poncho Baby Community and Breastfeeding Tips August 24, 2018 13:17 3 Comments
My breastfeeding experience thought me the importance of community, support and determination.
Before I had our first baby, I read many books and went to pre-natal breastfeeding classes. I thought that breastfeeding would come naturally to me. When the baby was born, I was very lucky to breastfeed her as soon as I saw her. She seemed to latch on correctly. I received a brief breastfeeding consultation at the hospital and rented a breast pump to take home. I thought that I knew it all and was ready for the breastfeeding experience.
Unfortunately, our daughter got jaundice in the first week and she kept losing weight even though I was breastfeeding her every two hours. I almost lost all my milk before she was only four weeks old. My mom helped me as much as she could but she did not have breastfeeding experience.
I panicked and decided that I needed help and support; otherwise, I would not be able to breastfeed my baby. I reached out to friends and to the breastfeeding community. I was very lucky to have found an amazing breastfeeding consultant who identified my issue. She taught me how to latch the baby correctly and how to increase my milk production. I started pumping and breastfeeding at the same time. After an exhausting month, I was able to get my milk back and my baby started growing fast.
The breastfeeding journey is different for each mom. I always encourage pregnant moms to reach out to a lactation consultant and create a community before the baby comes. In this way, it is easy to find support during the first few months, which is a decisive period to have a successful breastfeeding experience.
These my breastfeeding tips:
- Enjoy the special bonding with your baby
- Create a breastfeeding community by supporting other moms
- Have a group or private lactation consultant session after you have your baby
- Get a good breastfeeding pump. Check and clean it before the baby comes
- Start pumping after the first month. It is good to start storing some breastmilk and to get the baby use to the bottle.
- Use nipple cream few weeks before you have the baby.
- Drink water, tea or juices.
- Have a breastfeeding pump bra
We have included breastfeeding tips for our Poncho Baby community below. Thank you for sharing your tips in our blog comments.
- @mrs_knarr:In the beginning it can be tough but baby and mommy are both learning about one another and this will help you build a strong bond. Your body can do amazing things such as breastfeeding! All the benefits such as the immunity you are able to pass to your child and just knowing your body can nourish theirs... It’s amazing what women can do!
- @mirasolalife:Always drink a glass of water while feeding. Helps keep your water intake up and be patient while the milk comes in.
- @hollleerback:Drinking 100% pineapple juice helps with inflammation and makes the first few weeks easier!
- @only_mianicole:Be patient with yourself and baby. This is a learning process for the both of you guys. It can be hard at first but very beneficial once you get the hang of it.
- @erika_troy_4ever:Always burp baby after feeding!
- @amy.hawkins.17:Take deep breaths during those frustrating moments and drink LOTS of water!
- @krissymom_of_4:Always make sure you have a good latch or you will be sorry! Don’t let your baby be lazy or it will hurt!
- @heathersmith10416:As they get older it takes longer because they get distracted so easilyeasy.
- @runnercov:Always keep your boppy and burp cloths near!
- @beloved_bonds: Find breastfeeding support through online communities before your baby arrives and take it one moment at a time.
- @krashlee:pumping is necessary sometimes, and sometimes it's the only option due to medical reasons, but that doesn't make it any less magical. Your milk is beautiful in any form for your baby.
We think these tips will help expectant and nursing moms to have a better experience. Keep in mind that all bodies are different and you might find different tips that work better for you and your baby.
Valentine's Day Giveaway February 12, 2018 11:12 1 Comment
Valentine's Day Giveaway
We have partnered with some amazing companies. Have the chance to #win this wonderful giveaway by entering the contest in our Poncho Baby Instagram and follow the instructions - This is the link https://www.instagram.com/ponchobaby/
This is the list of amazing products for valentines:
1. Green Swarovski crystal jewerly - Sterling silver chain from Lila Mumu https://www.instagram.com/lilamumu/
2. Handmade Earings from Terre Ferme Pottery: A tiny pair of red floral stud earrings. Dimensions: Measurements 10 x 10 mm. https://www.instagram.com/terrefermepottery/
3. "Sweet Dreams" - abstract giclee art print by Jessi Donnelly. - https://www.instagram.com/windingears/
A dreamy sleeping moon creature, drifting through the night sky. He's perfect for a nursery room. The original work was painted using acrylic paint on 18x24" canvas. Reproduced as a fine art print using the quality archival ink and Smooth Fine Art, Moab Entrada Bright White 290 gsm, paper.
4. Poncho Baby Onesie Organic- https://ponchobaby.com/collections/organic-onesies
Unlike most onesies on the market, which are cut high in the leg, our bodysuit design features a generous, which means more diaper coverage and extra comfort for your baby. Our letter envelope style on the top and snaps at the bottom make clothing and diaper changes ... well, a snap!
5. Beurre Baby Bundle - https://www.instagram.com/beurresheabutter/
BEURRE MAMAN - SHEA BUTTER NIPPLE & BELLY CREAM (6oz) - Beurre Maman is a natural way to tone and condition your growing baby bump. High in vitamins E and A, the blend of shea butter and nurturing oils rejuvenates and repairs your skin. Beurre Maman minimizes itching and also serves to heal sore, cracked nipples during the first months of nursing. All ingredients are safe for both mommy and baby. BEURRE BEBE - SHEA BUTTER BABY CREAM (UNSCENTED OR CHAMOMILE) - (6oz) - Beurre Bebe contains all natural, protective, moisturizing and skin strengthening properties that are perfect for baby. Shea butter is loaded with skin cell building blocks – essential fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins – that gives your baby all they need for healthy skin, from head to toe. Beurre Bebe comes in Unscented and Chamomile, which is excellent for calming and relaxing baby after bath time. BEURRE BEBE - SHEA BUTTER CHAMOMILE-CALENDULA BALM (2oz) - Beurre Chamomile-Calendula Balm is a natural healing balm for scrapes, bruises, burns and scratches that can happen to toddlers and younger children. Infused with chamomile and calendula oil, this balm can also be used as a soothing and healing diaper rash balm because of its antibacterial, anti inflammatory and healing compounds.
6, V-neck tee - https://www.instagram.com/anasteinberg/
"Grazie mille ma non mi interessa" which translates loosely to "Thank you, not interested".
7. Anxiety Relief for Kids Book - https://www.instagram.com/letsplayparents/
Great resource for parents who want to learn how to help their kids cope with fear, worry and/or anxiety .
8. Poncho Baby Nursing Cover - https://ponchobaby.com/collections/organic-nursing-cover
Award-winning and patented Poncho Baby Organic Nursing Covers was designed by a mom. Made in the USA with 100% Organic Cotton Muslin Imported. They are incredibly soft, breathable and soothing fabric colors to keep the baby calm and go with any outfit. Multifunctional – stroller cover, baby carrier cove, car seat canopy or more. Machine wash and dry. Two inside pockets.
9. Water Bottles from Mommy Convos - https://www.instagram.com/p/BfAL5-ungmz/?taken-by=mommyconvos
Must-Have Baby Products: Conceived, Invented and Created by Moms May 24, 2017 12:07
Moms are problem solvers by nature, so it should not come as a surprise that many of the most innovative products on the baby market are the brainchild of moms who designed solutions for problems they faced daily.
For our founder, Carolina, breastfeeding was a special and life-changing moment, but like many moms, she craved more privacy during the bonding time. Drawing inspiration from her cultural roots in the Colombian Andes Mountains, as well as other breastfeeding moms, she set out sketching the first designs for Poncho Baby’s nursing poncho. Last year, Poncho Baby® received a patent for its award-winning nursing cover with a flexible, boned neckline that easily allows moms to see their babies. Unlike other nursing covers on the market, Poncho Baby®’s contemporary design provides back coverage and more privacy, and the soothing, neutral colors don’t distract the baby during feedings. The machine-washable nursing covers are made in the U.S. with soft, 100% cotton muslin, and are multifunctional—they can be used as a stroller cover, sunshade, blanket and more.
Mom-Invented Giveaway Partners:
Janelle, founder and CEO, invented the Stair Barrier out of necessity when she realized that she couldn’t find a safety gate that worked with the volute/curved banisters on the staircase in her family’s new home. For years, she successfully used her invention, a reinforced fabric safety gate with unique buckle system, with her own kids before deciding to turn it into a business, bringing the much-needed solution to parents with hard-to-gate staircases across the U.S.
Karen enjoyed a successful nursing career for 19 years before, out of sheer frustration over her newborn baby’s lack of sleep, she created the first prototype of the Woombie baby swaddle on her grandmother’s sewing machine in the middle of the night. The unique baby swaddle gently cocoons baby and allows for natural movement of arms, legs and hips just like in the womb. The Woombie requires NO wrapping, just put baby in and zip! Four-way stretch fabric allows for movement and a breathable and ventilated design allows excess heat to escape to prevent the risk of overheating.
Amy of Big Bee, Little Bee invented the Snow Angel bath towel to soothe her baby’s upset over the slow, cold, and uncomfortable drying-off process that followed her bath. After a few experiments and a rough first attempt, Amy figured out how to strategically section and design the towel in the shape of its namesake -a snow angel--which allows parents to quickly and easily dry all parts of baby after bathtime. Her unique bath towel features a padded back panel to protect baby from hard surfaces, an adjustable-length hood that grows with baby, soft terry-velour wings for easy drying of arms, legs and all the bits in between, and multiple panels to keep baby warm during dry-off.
Enter below for the chance to win each of the following:
- Woombie Air ($25)
- Big Bee, Little Bee Snow Angel baby bath towel ($22.95)
- Poncho Baby nursing poncho in Navy or Emerald ($58)
- Stair Barrier in a fabric of your choice ($144.99)
Giveaway Ends May 31, 2017.
Enter the giveaway in the following link: