Breastfeeding – Tips for Full Time Working Mothers September 18, 2016 14:36 5 Comments
|It is definitely challenging to be a full time working mother while breastfeeding. After all the scheduling, planning, and getting the right products, you could still provide for your baby while keeping a work balance. These are some tips for breastfeeding at work.|
Breastfeeding Tips for Full Time Working Moms:
Before Baby Arrival
- Contact your insurance agency to understand your policy’s and Affordable Care plan benefits related to nursing and lactation.
- Access free breast pump and accessories through third party companies. Pumping Essentials is a great company owned by mothers like you and me.
- Get a breast pump and figure out how to use it.
- Check with your company about designated breastfeeding rooms before you leave on maternity.
During Maternity Leave
- Start pumping in the morning or evening to increase milk supply within the first weeks
- Store and freeze the extra breast milk supply - have back up when a family member or nanny wants to feed the baby, you need to be out of the house, start working or have an unexpected emergency.
- Introduce the bottle after you have figured out how to breastfeed your baby correctly after three weeks.
Going Back To Work
- Schedule a time to pump at least twice a day at work.
- Have the pump supplies and storage accessories in a bag.
- Create relaxing atmosphere at work by having baby photos.
- Have the right breastfeeding product essentials such as hands free bra, double pump with supplies, cooler parts and nursing cover.
We hope you find these tips helpful during your journey. Thank you for adding your thoughts and sharing with your friends and family!