Breastfeeding with Love December 7, 2018 09:20 10 Comments
Simple Wishes, Pumping Essentials and Poncho Baby
- What inspired you to launch Simple Wishes and Pumping Essentials? The saying, "Necessity is the mother of all invention." is a perfect description of how both Simple Wishes and Pumping Essentials came to life. Simple Wishes was started because of an overwhelming need our sister, Debra, had while pumping. At the time, there were no truly hands free solutions on the market. She was pumping exclusively for her son and saw what a need she had and believed that she couldn't be the only woman having this feeling. Ten years later, we are still blown away by what a huge need there was. Pumping Essentials came along after Simple Wishes, but the thought was the same. The medical supply world wasn't easy to navigate for a mom looking for a pump buried in websites which offered such huge catalogs. We wanted to offer a boutique experience to get mom her pump and parts as quick and easy as possibly while offering an element of care that no other DME was able to offer.
- How does your products support the breastfeeding journey for a mom? Our products and services support moms in them having control of their journey. Not having your hands available while you are pumping can leave you feeling paralyzed. By freeing moms hands up for them and offering nursing and pumping bras, it allows them to be in the drivers seat again to make it what they want.
- What is your latest product? What makes it unique? Our latest product in our SuperMom All In One Nursing and Pumping Bra. It allows you to have the support of your favorite pumping bra in an all day wear style that is comfortable and beautiful. Whether you are nursing, pumping or both at the same time, this bra supports you.
- What are the emotional benefits that as a brand have you delivered to its customers? We always try to be there in it with moms through our social media, customer care and our lactation consults so they feel as supported as possible during this process of selecting the items they need and making sure they are right for their journey.
- What advice can you offer to women who are seeking to start their own business? There are two key things I would advise to anyone starting their own business. One, set a solid foundation with clear communication and practices in place to allow pause before big decisions. If you do that right, then, two is to trust that foundation and don't be afraid to grow. Always check back with the first recommendation to make sure you are staying in control, but then let it flow.
- How do you maintain a work and life balance with a family business? We do our best to be respectful of business hours so we each have personal time to recharge. Not always perfect at it, but we try. We also try to take trips together and shut down work so we have time separate from the business.
Poncho Baby and Simple Wishes Giveaway
Don't miss this amazing giveaway with Simple Wishes. Have a chance to win some amazing Poncho Baby Products and SuperMom All in One Bra. Click on the following links and follow the instructions of the post.
Poncho Baby Community and Breastfeeding Tips August 24, 2018 13:17 4 Comments
My breastfeeding experience thought me the importance of community, support and determination.
Before I had our first baby, I read many books and went to pre-natal breastfeeding classes. I thought that breastfeeding would come naturally to me. When the baby was born, I was very lucky to breastfeed her as soon as I saw her. She seemed to latch on correctly. I received a brief breastfeeding consultation at the hospital and rented a breast pump to take home. I thought that I knew it all and was ready for the breastfeeding experience.
Unfortunately, our daughter got jaundice in the first week and she kept losing weight even though I was breastfeeding her every two hours. I almost lost all my milk before she was only four weeks old. My mom helped me as much as she could but she did not have breastfeeding experience.
I panicked and decided that I needed help and support; otherwise, I would not be able to breastfeed my baby. I reached out to friends and to the breastfeeding community. I was very lucky to have found an amazing breastfeeding consultant who identified my issue. She taught me how to latch the baby correctly and how to increase my milk production. I started pumping and breastfeeding at the same time. After an exhausting month, I was able to get my milk back and my baby started growing fast.
The breastfeeding journey is different for each mom. I always encourage pregnant moms to reach out to a lactation consultant and create a community before the baby comes. In this way, it is easy to find support during the first few months, which is a decisive period to have a successful breastfeeding experience.
These my breastfeeding tips:
- Enjoy the special bonding with your baby
- Create a breastfeeding community by supporting other moms
- Have a group or private lactation consultant session after you have your baby
- Get a good breastfeeding pump. Check and clean it before the baby comes
- Start pumping after the first month. It is good to start storing some breastmilk and to get the baby use to the bottle.
- Use nipple cream few weeks before you have the baby.
- Drink water, tea or juices.
- Have a breastfeeding pump bra
We have included breastfeeding tips for our Poncho Baby community below. Thank you for sharing your tips in our blog comments.
- @mrs_knarr:In the beginning it can be tough but baby and mommy are both learning about one another and this will help you build a strong bond. Your body can do amazing things such as breastfeeding! All the benefits such as the immunity you are able to pass to your child and just knowing your body can nourish theirs... It’s amazing what women can do!
- @mirasolalife:Always drink a glass of water while feeding. Helps keep your water intake up and be patient while the milk comes in.
- @hollleerback:Drinking 100% pineapple juice helps with inflammation and makes the first few weeks easier!
- @only_mianicole:Be patient with yourself and baby. This is a learning process for the both of you guys. It can be hard at first but very beneficial once you get the hang of it.
- @erika_troy_4ever:Always burp baby after feeding!
- @amy.hawkins.17:Take deep breaths during those frustrating moments and drink LOTS of water!
- @krissymom_of_4:Always make sure you have a good latch or you will be sorry! Don’t let your baby be lazy or it will hurt!
- @heathersmith10416:As they get older it takes longer because they get distracted so easilyeasy.
- @runnercov:Always keep your boppy and burp cloths near!
- @beloved_bonds: Find breastfeeding support through online communities before your baby arrives and take it one moment at a time.
- @krashlee:pumping is necessary sometimes, and sometimes it's the only option due to medical reasons, but that doesn't make it any less magical. Your milk is beautiful in any form for your baby.
We think these tips will help expectant and nursing moms to have a better experience. Keep in mind that all bodies are different and you might find different tips that work better for you and your baby.
Mother's Day Giveaway May 2, 2018 09:22
Amazing Mother's Day Giveaway!
Mother's Day is quickly approaching, and being a full-time mom means always putting our children first. We think it is important we take this day to acknowledge ourselves and all of our hard work. So to celebrate us, we've partnered with Christy Carlson Romano, Nesting Days, Capsul Jewelry, Poncho Baby, and Essentially Olied Mama for special give-a-way, just for moms!
(remove your own brand from list in your copy)
Winner will receive:
A Nesting Days Baby Carrier: designed by a doula, Nesting Days is a soft, hands-free, fitted carrier, which can be worn under a parent's clothes, promoting skin-to-skin baby wearing. It is specially made for infants up to 18 lbs.
Goodies from Poncho Baby including: an organic nursing cover, which is made of an incredibly soft, breathable fabric and can be used as a nursing cover, stroller cover, baby carrier cover, car seat canopy and more; an organic roly baby blanket, perfect for outings, the breathable organic cotton blanket unfolds quickly to create a soft, clean place for babies to play and relax; and an organic bandana bib, which is made of organic cotton and is reversible, adjustable, incredibly soft, and very absorbent (four layers super soft muslin fabric).
And goodies from @Essentially_oiled_mama including a doTerra Essential Oils Introductory Kit with Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint: Certified Pure and Therapeutic Grade essential oils help relax and calm mama & baby, soothes tension, uplifts moods, settles little tummies and much more! Plus the doTerra Clary Calm Roller: A proprietary blend designed to provide a soothing effect during a woman's menstrual cycle, offers a cooling effect for the skin, helps balance emotions, and support a woman's postpartum body.