Mother’s Day - Top Gift Ideas for New Moms and Moms-to-Be May 06, 2017 17:06
We love to celebrate motherhood all year round at Poncho Baby, so having Mother’s Day coming up on May 14 is very exciting! We honor all those hardworking mothers and expecting moms out there. Sometimes picking out a great gift can be challenging, so we’ve come up with some suggestions for gift ideas for new and expectant moms, and hope you enjoy a Happy Mother’s Day.
- Keepsake pregnancy journal. Being pregnant is a time of reflection, change and creativity. Encourage Mom-to-Be to save her thoughts with a beautiful keepsake journal. Uncommon Goods makes a nice one.
- Massage oil. For super-tight skin on the growing tummy—or relaxing massages on the shoulders—high-quality oil is sure to be appreciated. Empire Squid’s Mama’s Blend is all-organic, and there’s a nonscented version for the first trimester.
- Massage gift certificate. Speaking of massages, how about a gift card for a professional prenatal massage? Check with your local spa, or, a national chain like Massage Envy offers the service.
- Nursing cover. Our award-winning Poncho Baby nursing cover has a special neckline so that Mom can see the baby easily while nursing; and the organic fabric is incredibly soft and soothing (and machine washable).
- Super-soft pajamas. Bamboo is an ideal fabric for sleeping, as it wicks moisture to keep body temperature regulated. Sumptuously soft, yet still stylish, pajamas will become her new best friend. This option, by Seraphine, has a crossover top designed for nursing, as well.
- Pickles and ice cream. Okay so this can be a bit of a joke—or not—depending on what she’s craving. But how cute is the idea, right? Get some well-made, quality choices, like McClure’s pickles and McConnell’s ice cream.
- A seat cushion. It’s not a sex-say gift, but a lot of moms-to-be and new moms will swear that having a seat cushion is the best thing ever! The brand Purap has received good mentions on Babycenter.
- Postpartum bath tea. Once the medical professional has given the thumb’s up for tub baths, Mom will be clamoring for some relaxing “me time” in the tub, so a soothing herbal blend is a thoughtful gift idea. Try an organic version like Ali’s Postpartum Tea Bath.
- Personalized necklace. Have the baby’s name initial stamped onto a tiny dogtag style pendant for the new mom. We love this affordable silver option from Pamela Curran, or a lot of other designers offer hand-stamped initial jewelry as well. You can also use your breastfeeding healing cups and convert them into a personalized pendant SilvereteUSA
- Organic Mom and Baby Plus Gift Set. Still feeling stumped? Go for a gift set. Ours comes with a onesie, nursing cover, and bandana bib, for example.
- Pump&Nurse Bra: a comfortable bra is very important for a new breastfeeding mom. Rumina's Seamless Pump@Nurse